Tuesday

I think i love this site...

and the car :P

I love the look and feel of the site. Normally i would dislike a flash only site but this pulls it off rather nicely. It loads rather quick due to it being clever. It firstly loads the interface and then piece by piece loads up other elements of the site, I imagine this is done using flash projectors? I can tell it is doing this as i can only click the text that turns white.

I love how smooth everything seems to move from one to another. It has some beautiful transitions and some rather nice yet basic animations. I seem to be a sucker for animation within a website....

now only if the web and world was ready for a 3D internet... oh well one day



Click for site

2 comments:

Jako said...

Actually, and I don't mean to sound as if I'm just being contradicting to your opinion for the sake of it but I really don't like this website. I find it sluggish and the animation poor quality. I'm also a fan of navigating a website quickly and the over indulgence in this low resolution transition effect just gets on my nerves as it takes too long to get where I want to be. There's nothing even remotely inventive about the styling or the interface and the ability to change the colours of things like the cars windscreen and some of the colours used on the first page just reminds me of websites I used to make in my first year of ND. i.e. just playing about with some simple Flash colour changing scripts and things I've copied of tutorial sites for the sake of it. For instance why do I care to have a mouse feet movement counter on a car website? That's not supposed to sound quite as aggressive as it possibly does though. Nice car though, guessing this is the US only version of the Focus mind?

Liam Parkinson said...

well i see where you coming from to an extent but i didn't find the site sluggish to be fair. Although if you did then im sure plenty others have also.

Regarding the colour changes, its to do with the face that the car has a mood changer actually in the real car which changes the ambient light colour to relate to your mood. Thus by them giving you this ability it makes you part "of the experience"

The movement counter is there mainly to emphasis on just how efficient the car is. If you travel to the 35 mpg link it actually explains is function. Until reading this though i did find it rather pointless.

And yup it is a US car initially, we should see it over here sometime this year though.